Which monitoring system to choose?
Challenges for: Integrator
Key role/function: System Architect, Developer
We assume that you are in search of choosing a monitoring system for your customer’s biometric solution. You should then recognize the following set of key considerations in choosing among the candidates:
Needs vs. Capability and Flexibility
- Does it address our needs? Monitoring, alerting and reporting, administration?
- Does it cover our current and future biometric modalities? Is it vendor-independent?
- What domains can it differentiate in monitoring: usage, devices, applications, services and systems?
- Is it flexible and easy to deploy? easy to integrate with? extensible? scalable?
- Is it easy to use? intuitive user-interface? short learning curve? does is require one to be a biometric expert to use the tool?
Reliability and Security
- How about its own reliability and security? is it robust?
- Is it cost effective? how about the Total Cost of Ownership, hidden costs?
- What is the supplier’s knowledge and expertise on biometrics and its’ operational aspects?
The solution that meets your needs.
We have put much efforts to meet and exceed key decision criteria when choosing a monitoring system to integrate with biometric solutions.
Discover the benefits that BioUptime brings whether you are End-customer, Maintenance and support, Prime contractor or a Biometric vendor. In addition to those, as an Integrator you can compare your list of decision criteria with BioUptime’s following features:
- Continuous (24/7) performance monitoring
- Alerting, reporting and administration capabilities
- Supporting geographically spread sites
- Manages classification of monitored domains:
- usage, device, application, service and system
- Biometric modality/technology independent
- Biometric vendor independent
- High adaptability to customer requirements
- Web services-based platform
- Rapid and easy to integrate with existing solutions
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Remote access via centralized web interface
- Bird’s-eye view on event and alert lists
- Detailed view at Unit, Installation and Organization
- Encrypted data transfer